Where land meets the sea and meetings are bouyed by local culture
On the eastern edge of North America, Halifax has always been a natural meeting place. Land and ocean connect at the shore, and smart meetings do too. A brand-new convention centre 100 steps from the sea reels meeting planners in, but it’s Halifax’s youthful, creative, vibe that anchors delegates here. After hours, conference-goers revel in a cultural district brimming with entertainment, while harbourfront and historic sites teem with atmosphere. If an ocean of activities pulls at your guests — well, Halifax has that too.
Halifax by the Numbers
TOTAL GUEST ROOMS5400
TOTAL MEETING SPACE64,475 sq m | 694,000 sq ft
Experts to help you plan
Atlantic Time Zone
This place is perfect for meetings that:
- Focus on ocean science, technology, and energy — Halifax is Canada’s ocean city
- Seek a boost in delegate attendance — Halifax always appeals
- Wrap history, culture, and nature experiences into their agenda
- Require easy access — Halifax is only a two-hour flight from New York, Boston, and six hours to the U.K.
You can count on:
- Open hearts. Open minds. Halifax is open for business.
- Inter-connected meetings, hotel, entertainment space at the new Halifax Convention Centre in the Nova Centre
- Unique waterfront meeting and event space at the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
- Authentic east coast hospitality
- A host of unique off-site venues and experiences – ever dined on the ocean floor?
- Inspiring delegates to extend their stay: Peggy’s Cove, Cape Breton and Lunenberg are natural pre- and post locations
Learn more about Halifax's Industry Leadership
MOVING YOUR PEOPLE
The Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ) to your registration desk: 30-minute drive
Once you’re here: motor coaches, limousines. Other unique modes of transport: ferry, bike and kayak rentals, Harbour Hopper
Brands like Westin, Delta, Marriott greet visitors to Halifax, alongside charming boutique inns, seaside resorts and oceanfront cottages. The convention centre is just steps from a pedway linking four hotels, banks, shopping and the Scotia Square.
It’s a fact. Event dollars go further in Canada. With the Canadian dollar hovering between 25 and 30% below the U.S. dollar, planners are encouraged to enhance their meeting experience here. Dollars saved on the program requirements can translate into more bells and whistles or your bottom line, you pick.
Groups from outside of Canada may be eligible for tax incentives — inquire at time of booking
Biggest bang for your meeting buck
5°C to 10°C
40°F to 50°F
18°C to 25°C
66°F to 80°F
8°C to 13°C
46.4°F to 55.4°F
-6°C to 2°C
21.2°F to 35.6°F
We were overwhelmed with the positive response of our delegates. Everyone had a fabulous time
International Conference on Fish Telemetry
The services of Destination Halifax got us "off on the right foot" with our conference planning and gave us confidence in our ability to host an outstanding event
Canadian University Boards Association
The service provided by all organizations throughout the planning stages and the conference itself was outstanding. Every single person we worked with was exceptionally friendly, professional, knowledgeable and passionate about delivering the best service possible. Thank you!
Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists
The Maritimes are well known for hospitality. This was the fourth time Halifax has hosted the GA (1975, 1980, 1993) and we had quite a reputation to live up to as all our past were great successes. This fourth one lived up to expectations!
Royal Astronomical Society of Canada General Assembly
Here's how we can help you get planning
The team at Destination Canada Business Events helps meeting planners bring corporate, association and incentive events to Canada. Contact our team for:
- Impartial insights
- Bid assistance
- Planning tool kit