Once known only as the cowboy capital of Canada, today, Calgary buzzes with renewed energy
Big skies and even bigger ideas fuel conventions in Canada’s energy capital. Laid-back, cosmopolitan and charming, Calgary meetings always entice. Here, groups team build at Olympic sport-parks, and exchange ideas in venues celebrating cowboy culture, Canada’s music scene, technology, and more. And, when they want to break-up, or break-out of their business agenda, delegates head to Calgary’s green spaces and rivers, bustling Stephen Ave where the nightlife is vibrating, or to nearby Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks for an infusion of nature, the city’s other natural resource.
Calgary by the Numbers
TOTAL GUEST ROOMS15000
TOTAL MEETING SPACE111,484 sq m | 1.3 million sq ft
3 600 Gala
2 000 Gala
Experts to help you plan
Mountain Time Zone
This place is perfect for meetings that:
- Want to be energized by their destination
- Seek to include a local industry expertise to their business sessions - Calgary is a hub for Natural Resources, Clean Energy, Agriculture and Creative Industries
- Include international delegations - Calgary's newly renovated international airport welcomes visitors from around the globe on 50 direct flights from across Europe, the UK, South America, Asia, and the United States
- Infuse Olympic-calibre activities into team building events
- Include educational day-tripping in their corporate agenda
- Provide delegates with exceptional pre- and post-meeting day trips and extensions nearby
You can count on:
- Open hearts. Open minds. Calgary is open for business.
- Calgary’s famed white-hat ambassadors welcoming your group, with a warm, western “hello!”
- Creative event spaces celebrating music, science, theatre, and a love of cowboys
- A pedestrian friendly downtown hub – shop during the day and socialize at night
- Refreshing breaks — ribbons of cycling and jogging trails and two scenic rivers threading the city help break up, or break out, your agenda
- The Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks and the UNESCO World Heritage Site Dinosaur Provincial Park creating educational, networking, and day-tripping opportunities
- Guests returning in July, cowboy hats in hand, for the Calgary Stampede
Learn More About Calgary's Industry Leadership
Calgary is a hub of modern hotel brands including: Coast Plaza, Delta, Fairmont, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, Ramada, Regency, Sandman and Sheraton. Beyond the big brands, you can book eclectic downtown and boutique hotels that brim with character and charm.
It’s a fact. Event dollars go further in Canada. With the Canadian dollar hovering between 25 and 30% below the U.S. dollar, planners are encouraged to enhance their meeting experience here. Dollars saved on the program requirements can translate into more bells and whistles or your bottom line, you pick.
Groups coming from outside of Canada may be eligible for tax incentives — inquire at time of booking.
Biggest bang for your meeting buck
-3°C to 12°C
26.6.4°F to 53.6°F
8°C to °C
46.6°F to 73.4°F
-2°C to 13°C
28.4°F to 55.4°F
-13°C to 1°C
8.6°F to 33.8°F
Your city has a good deal of charm, very clean, the people are what made it however, I am not sure I have ever been to a city before where everyone, and I do mean everyone all the way down to the cab drivers, were so friendly.
American College of Osteopathic Internists
The approximately 600 people who attended the event were most appreciative of the friendliness of Calgary people and the ease of getting around downtown and getting over to the Stampede grounds. It fills me with pride to be able to host such an influential group of guests from around North America. The support of the team from Tourism Calgary was spectacular and were an integral part in making this a world class event.
Pacific Northwest Economic Region
Planning and holding our AGM in Calgary turned out to be an enjoyable and stress free experience due in great part to the warm welcome, excellent support, encouragement, and wonderful suggestions from the professional, efficient and thoughtful staff at MCC and our chosen hotel, The Sheraton Suites Eau Claire.
Here's how we can help you get planning
The team at Destination Canada Business Events helps meeting planners bring corporate, association and incentive events to Canada. Contact our team for:
- Impartial insights
- Bid assistance
- Planning tool kit